A little back story so I was watching this documentary called the minimalist(it’s on Netflix btw) and it really did open my eyes and give me a change in perspective
They essentially talk about how we usually collect all this stuff most of which we don’t use or has no value to us and how we can de-clutter our lives and have happier ones as a result
I immediately went through my clothes and took out items I knew I wouldn’t wear and decided to donate them instead
But I did minimal things here and there because I do believe you can still have decor in your house that means something to you
Five item essentials to make your home and you(obviously) a little brighter and better:
- This Himalayan rock salt lamp is a must have for your room or living room. When my mom first bought this I was a bit skeptical but when it’s turned on and you touch it, you immediately become calm. It can clean the air around you and can be used when doing some meditation. It’s not too bulky so it won’t take a lot of space in your house. Also its 16 bucks which is a steal (compared to reg price)!!
- On the subject of Himalayan salt, there is also a cutting board which seems pretty cool and can also give a lot of flavor to your food! If you’re a foodie and love to cook this is definitely something to try out in a house or over the grill. I suggest getting the tray as well since the Himalayan salt can get dirty. This retails for 30 dollars.
- Blankets are probably one of my favorite things in the whole world and because of this I keep a few in the living room for myself and guest. I like really soft cozy ones but that can be affordable. Target is a great place to get your monies worth without putting a hole in your pocket.
- Candles!! They smell so good and can give you a relaxing vibe (if you’re in the mood). They also can give your room a cute look without being overwhelming. I personally love candles in my room. Just remember to turn them off. I usually prefer candles in jars.
5. Last but not least some plants or flowers are great to give your place a cute look without spending a bunch of dollarrss. Remembering to water a plant is sometimes a hard job but seeing it grow is actually really rewarding. You can get flowers and plant seeds at your local store. Down below I’ll show some of my favorite flowers/plants.
Benchmark Bouquets Flowering Fields, No Vase
AND that’s is all Comment,like, share and tell me some of your favorite items and if you would like me to do more of these
(images from section 1 is from amazon, images from section two is William and Sonoma, images from section 3 and 4 from target and images from section 5 is home depot)
Some of these links are affiliate links